Thursday, February 17, 2011
The last time I posted about Stone Roses, I told you all about how some of the white thread had stitched in sort of dingy. I am lazy, so I really didn't want to frog and restitch, but I was afraid that the Waterlilies would run if I washed it.
When I started Convent's Herbal Garden I soaked all the silks for that project to bleed out all the excess dye. Since one of the Waterlilies colors for that design (112 fir) is also in Stone Roses, I decided to also soak the Stone Roses silks. Since neither of the Stone Roses silks bled at all, I decided I could go ahead and wash Stone Roses. No bleeding, and the white looks white now as it should! :) Whew!
So all that said, not a ton of progress this time. I'm sort of in that mid-point of the design where you stitch and stitch all these large blocks of boring color and there doesn't seem to be so much progress. Eventually though it will come together, and I still think she is pretty to look at in the meantime. :)
Monday, February 07, 2011
Victoria Sampler's Heirloom Stitching Sampler is my new focus piece, simply because it is the closest to being done. This time I worked the bands from the second scene of stitchers down.
I'm hoping I can have it done in time to enter with Alhambra for the fair, but we'll see. :)