Saturday, July 15, 2006

It Just Ain't Gonna Happen



That's the conclusion I've come to on getting "Waiting for Ships" done in time for the fair. I spent all of my stitching time the last two days working on this and only accomplished the bodice and the flesh above her bikini. I just wasn't enjoying her anymore either - too much of one color I think. I will finish her for next year and will enjoy stitching her much more if I don't have to do it all in one large chunck.

Sooo after making that decision I spent the rest of the afternoon happily stitching on my scissor fob for an exhange. I can't show any pics til the recipient gets it in several weeks, but I'm really liking how it is turning out so far. :) Once I finish that I'm going to try to get a few days in on Alhambra Garden and by that time I'll probably have gotten the next Foldable Book RR in the mail and I'll stitch on that. Gosh that sounds so much more appealing than WFS right now!

3 comments:

cathymk said...

Ah well, looks like you got a "fair" chunk done at any rate. Sorry for the cornyness there.

Trixie said...

Well, I guess you'll just have to settle for ONE first place (I'm tellin' ya, if I was a judge, that lace would DEFinately get you a first place!). :o)
I've found that it just isn't as much fun doing something you love when you HAVE to do it. But I was always a contrary child. heh.

Lelia said...

Sorry you were not able to finish Waiting for Ships in time for the fair entry. I know exactly how that goes -- I had a linen band NEARLY done & just ran out of time ... errrr ... steam .... or, like you -- decided it would be best to wait until next year.

Why do we get so close to a finish & pick up something else??? Our brains must need a break. Or, our deadlines make the stitching "work" instead of "fun". I"m not even sure.

Enjoy the day, stitch well on whatever you select from your stash!