Monday, May 31, 2010

The first name done!

It took me forever and a half to decide what to do for the names threadwise. Mostly because the threads I picked when I started are silk Dinky Dyes and I was now questioning whether I'd have enough of it to finish and have some left for future names - without running into dye lot issues.

I finally ordered a bunch more of the color I wanted to use for the lowercase letters and good thing I did - the color that Mother's Tree is stitched in and the color that is the lowercase letters are really the same color - just two different dye lots. I love the Dinky Dyes threads, but it is something you really have to have all of the color on hand before you start (which I knew, but I misjudged how much I'd need). Anyway, I think I have plenty of threads in matching dyelot to finish now and I think I'll leave Mother's Tree in the different dyelot as it is still in the same color family and I think it looks good being a little different than the rest of the lettering. I have 8 more names to stitch (provided I finish before Katie starts having kids!).

Sunday, May 09, 2010

2 for the price of 1

Some time ago I promised an updated picture of Angel of Summer, this is progress as of last week or so... I haven't picked it back up yet, so it is still current. Just took me forever and a half to get around to uploading the picture to the blog.

As long as I'm at it, I'll also show a picture of my recent progress on Stone Roses, here she is as of today - I actually got several hours of uninterrupted stitching time over the Mother's Day weekend. :)