Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Running in Place

That is how I feel these days, running and running to try to get things done, but nothing is actually done! I have most things ready for our trip, but keep remembering this or that to buy/do. Last night I started the packing – not actually putting things in the suitcases yet, but just sorting through the kids summer outfits. Since we are in Wisconsin, they haven’t seen the light of day since September and I needed to take some inventory. I normally buy them clothes for the next years season at the clearance sales from the previous year, so I was expecting I’d be all set. Katie does indeed have 9 pairs of shorts and 9 short sleeve tops, but no matter how I mix and match them, she does not have 9 outfits that she can wear. Not to mention that I’d like to have 2 or 3 extra outfits for her since she is still relatively newly potty-trained and an accident isn’t entirely out of the question. And of course almost-3-yr-olds never, ever mess up their clothes and need to be changed multiple times in one day, right? HA! Anyway, I ended up making a run to Kohl’s last night to get her a few more tops and one more pair of shorts. The tops will match the shorts that didn’t match anything else and the shorts I got her were ordinary jean shorts that will match any top she has. (BTW, Kohl’s has these really cute solid and print separates –shirts and shorts – 2 for $9 right now – with my Kohl’s charge 15% off on top of that, I got a really good deal!)

Tonight after work I need to run to the grocery store to buy toothpaste and paper plates. I also need to clean the house because we are having new doors installed the day before we leave on the trip. I know that sounds like a dumb time to schedule it, but this way I only need to take one day off of work to both do all the final prep work/laundry/packing/mow lawn AND be there when the installation guy comes.

My stitching is really starting to take a back seat. I am working on the very last square for Katie’s blanket and although I really want to finish it – it seems to be taking forever. Last night I thought I was finally going to get some good time in on it and my sister called to chat about our trip plans and wish us well. Nice of her, and I enjoyed it, but now I’m further behind! J I do have that last square almost complete though, and part of it is that I picked sort of a large and solidly stitched pattern for that last block. So it is really my own fault. Anyway – cross your fingers for me that I can happy dance that blanket before I leave on my trip!

4 comments:

Erin (moviemuse) said...

LOL! This is why I only buy things in outfits for L, plus I make sure that at least half of his shorts are denim so they go with any stray shirts I pick up here and there. There is not a Kohl's convenient to me, but I really like the OkieDokie brand at JCPenney. If you watch for sales, you can get some great deals. Have a magical trip!!

Jenny said...

Yeah, typically I buy things in outfits for Katie too. I had a few things though that my sister gave me that are hand-me-downs from her two girls, and they were odd pieces like purple shorts. I also had a few pairs of shorts that still fit from last year (probably because she lost the bulk of the diaper) but the matching top had to be ditched cause her little toddler belly was sticking out from under it this year! :)

Angi said...

Lots and lots to do! I'll have to check out the Kohl's sales maybe this weekend! I don't have much free time now! I am sure all your Disney packing will go great!

Jamie said...

I love, love, love KOHLS! I think it's the greatest store in the world. That being said, I'm really glad that right now when I pack I only have to worry about my things. I hope you enjoy getting ready for the trip and it's not too stressful!