Friday, January 11, 2008

Catch Up

I know I haven't posted in awhile - but gosh things got busy there for awhile. Really the last few months have been quite busy at work, but with the added holdiay busyiness, I just didn't have the time (or energy frankly) to post anything.

Stitching
I'm this < > close to finishing another section for the Mira RR. I've been stitching on it forever it seems. Should finish it sometime over the weekend, so I'll post a pic then. Ever get close to finishing something and you keep thinking it is almost done, but the more you stitch and stitch the more you are sort of in the same place as before?... that is how this is going for me. I am determined to finish this weekend though cause my Heritage Sampler piece (and all my other WIPs too) is calling me name - loudly!

Work
Things have really been busy, but also really good. I try not to talk about work too much in a public forum such as this, but suffice it to say that my career is starting to advance a bit and I'm being rewarded for my hard work and ability. I finally work for a boss that really wants to help me do well and succeed. Of course his good attitude makes me want to work even harder and do better, so that creates a little stress - but it is a good stress and has really improved my overall self-esteem and outlook on life.

Kids
Despite having never-ending colds/flu/ear infections this winter they seem to be doing really well at school and in their other activities. Alex is doing intramural basketball at the middle school and Katie is taking preschool gymnastics.

DH
This is one area where things could be going better. *sigh* Not that things are awful and terrible, just not where I want them to be, and considering how far we've come in years past, I'm not sure there is any more room for improvement. Don't know if I can be okay with things as is or not. That is probably all I should say about that.

4 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Well, it sure is nice to see you back Jenn. Sometimes life does take over and we dont get much time to kick back. Glad to hear that things are going well on the career front. That is always a good ego boost. As far as DH, well, sometimes you hit bumps in the road and things appear tough but you do survive and it could be worse!
I am looking forward to seeing your Mira finish. Any of these I have seen are beautiful and yours are always stunning.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

You sound like one busy lady!

Sorry that you're having issues with the DH. I can relate on that one!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the DH issues. (((hug)))

Stitcher S said...

You do sound so, so busy.

I know what you mean about talking about work on our blogs. I too try to avoid that type of talk completely, except for vague complaints about being too busy.