Monday, August 16, 2010

Inspiration 8/15/2010


This time I filled in the area on the left side down to the pot and started the vines beyond. I like to backstitch in the vines first in an area to sort of mark it out and then I go back and fill in all the flowers and birds. This is fun to stitch cause it goes relatively fast in spite of all the color changes. It is a little challenging to anchor all those loose ends in a way that they don't show, but it isn't too bad either. This is a relatively good picture except that the fabric color is a bit yellower than it appears here.

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Very nice!

Kathy A. said...

That is gorgeous. What a beautiful heirloom it will be someday.

Alice said...

oooh, pretty! I am surprised to hear you say it is stitching up fast, it looks like a lot of work and counting to me.

Missy Ann said...

I love this piece so much. That border never fails to amaze me.

Holly said...

It looks great Jenny! I love this piece and look forward to seeing your progress.

Cheryl said...

That border is lovely!

Silverlotus said...

That is stunning. It really has the feel of an heirloom piece.

蕾蕾 said...

你文章很棒的~繼續分享給大家~~~~..................................................

宜DimpleHollow欣 said...

多謝美味的心靈雞湯......................................................