Monday, December 03, 2007

Christmas Doily


I made this Christmas doily for my grandmother for Christmas. I'm going to give her some Christmas-y smelling votives and a votive holder with it. I think she will like it. :)
It almost didn't get finished. I was working on it during Katie's preschool ballet and gymnastics class and accidentally left the thread on the bench outside the classroom. Luckily it was still there the next morning when I realized and went back for it. If it had been gone there is no way I would have been able to finish. The thread is a Vikki Clayton thread, but I have no idea what color and I bought the threads about 5 yrs ago for a project I ended up not starting, so even if I could figure out the color who knows how close the dye lots would be 5 years later....
Anyway, the thread was still sitting on the bench right where I left it the next morning, so crisis averted! :)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh thank gosh! It is really nice, congratulations!

Kathy A. said...

Jenn that is just stunning. What kind of fabric is that! You amaze me with the truly incredible work you do!

Kari Boardman said...

That is gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

I'm glad you were able to find the thread - that would have been a tragedy.