Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Thanks everybody

Thanks for all the kind words of support many of you have posted and messaged me. If nothing else, at least I know I'm not alone in the way I feel. I also want to thank extrememom for her apology and to just say that it wasn't her comment alone, but many comments by several different people that just made me feel like my opinion/voice was not welcome anymore - and neither was the voice of other like-minded people. I think of that community as a group of my friends, and when you are being talked to like that, it is just really hard to feel welcome or liked or like the people on the other end of the keyboard think of you as a friend. Maybe wanting that was too much to expect.

And no, I don't think all Democrats are slimy - in fact most are not. Many, many are good people with whom I disagree. Disagreement is fine and healthy, and I really did appreciate discussing the issues in a civil tone before things turned ugly. It was more the overall tone of several posters coupled with the administrator's self-important agreement with them and her subsequent sanctions that had me throwing up my hands and giving up. They did not want to hear any disagreement, so now they have their own echo-chamber.

I won't be disappearing, hopefully I can use this time to catch up on everyone's blogs and pay more attention to my own (only two more days to do for the Disney trip!). I also might just get to a few of those other boards that I haven't been visiting as much recently - like the Mira board and the rotation board.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((Jenny))) I agree with your assessment once again. There are wonderful people out there that are Democrats that I respect very much (Melissa C. for example ;) )

I'll see you around the other boards and on your blog.

Echo Chamber - love that one!

Anonymous said...

I too love 'echo chamber' describes the situation perfectly.

Enjoy Disney - I love Disneyland and Disneyworld

Dar CA

Anonymous said...

me again - I'm not anonymous, I'm DarCA, but I can't figure out how I commented before with my name in the heading.

I'm not too good with computers. :)
DarCA

Avery Baker said...

This is a greaat post