Monday, December 06, 2010

Advent Wreath Ornament




This little beauty was designed by Belinda of Tor Rhuann Designs. It is a freebie on her page if you are interested. I changed out most of the supplies for what I had on hand.

The fabric is 32 ct Driftwood Zweigart Belfast. The floss is all DMC rayon - 33607 (purple) 30899 (rose) and 30501 (green). I used PB25 Treasure Braid and Swarovski Crystals for the flames. The beads are Mill Hill 00332 (green) and 00367 (red).

This is my first biscournu finish and I love that it is small and delicate. I've always found the biscouru interesting, but the larger size made me wonder what to do with it once finished. Having a small one was perfect for an ornament for the tree. I really love how it turned out - Thanks Belinda for a great design! :)

I orginally intended to give this to my sister because she was saying she couldn't find many Christmas decorations that celebrated Advent, but I think I've decided to keep it for myself! :)

6 comments:

Alice said...

It turned out so nicely! I love the bling!

Anonymous said...

Pretty finish and that size is really nice!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful stitching (and designing - go Belinda!)! I'd keep it, too!

Iza said...

Nice! Have a pleasant holiday shopping season.

Julie said...

Great finish!

Kelly said...

Very pretty Jenny. You do a wonderful job of stitching and finishing.