Monday, September 29, 2008

First Week on the Market

Our first week on the market is coming to a close (we listed last Tue.) We had one private showing and one open house so far. Our realtors tells us that the private showing people decided to bid on a cheaper house. I looked at that house online, and it definitely wasn't on par with ours - busier street, less sq ft., older neighborhood, less curb-appeal, so clear reason why it was priced below our house. The realtors said they really liked our place just decided they couldn't really afford it, so bid on the cheaper house.

The open house was pretty slow, only one family came and they had three kids, so I cannot see where they would want to buy this house. Alex's room could maybe hold 2 smaller kids, but I don't think you'd buy this house if you had three growing kids already. Realtor said they had all positive things to say though. She also said the slow turnout was probably because it was during the Packer game. Melissa can probably verify that people here in WI hardly do anything else when the Packer game is on...

I guess hoping for a sale in the first week was pretty unrealistic in this market anyway - its early so we'll keep on keeping on - though I think keeping my house clean might kill me. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there on selling the house.... it's a buyer's market! The right buyer is out there... you just have to wait for them to find your house!

Anonymous said...

Yep, no one is coming to an open house during the Packer game. Even worse here, no one will come during a Packer OR Bear game.

Your buyer is out there. I think your house is great!

sugardoll said...

I don't know what to say, but i don't think anyone can afford a house right now =( I saw people on the news and they are living in their car, it's really sad. The economy is so bad, isnt it? I hope it gets better soon, and good luck on selling your house!!! I hope you get a good buyer!!! Good luck!!! ((hugs))