Sunday, June 07, 2009

We are Closed!

On the house that is. :) Our closing went off without much ado or any problems on Friday morning. Relieved isn't even the word for it. First item on the agenda after becoming the offical owners was to paint Alex's room. It was pink before:




And now it is green:




Neither picture is the best, and they show different angles of the room because I picked the one from each bunch of before and after pictures that showed the respective colors the best. I won't be winning any decorating awards for this room, and it still needs curtains, but at least we aren't forcing the almost 14yr old boy to live in a pink room anymore. :)

I also managed to transplant one of my hostas to the decrepit border garden around the house. Provided it takes well, I'll transplant a bunch more to finish off the area better. The more I look at the garden areas though, the more I see additional plants sprouting and blooming. It is hard to tell what is weeds and what is plant sometimes, but I'm learning. I weeded out a bunch today and want to get some mulch down soon to stop the weeds coming up so much. A little at a time is how it is gonna get done I'm afraid.

I got in a little more stitching on the baby afghan today too - will probably have another block to show in the next few days. Pretty soon I'll be mailing off my Mira RR and someone else's will arrive for me to stitch on - looking forward to that. :)

9 comments:

Missy Ann said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!

Nice green, I'm fond of green in bedrooms, that's what my guest room is.

Kathy A. said...

YIPPEE!!!!!!
So glad that is over and things went well.

Wanda said...

This is GREAT news! I'm so glad that the close went smoothly. I'm sure that there is a great sense of relief....especially for the almost 14 year old!! ha ha

Autumn said...

Congratulations! I'm ready for the RR to start. June got here really fast!

Erin (moviemuse) said...

I bet it was great to finally be sleeping in *your* house!

Karoline said...

Congratulations Jen

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Congratulations, Jenny on finally closing! You've done a great job with Alex's room!

Jill in CA said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy that you closed on the house and can get settled in for real now!!

Holly said...

Congratulations!