Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Heritage Sampler progress



I finished the tree ornament! At first I didn't think I was going to like those flowers much particularly the yellow ones as I thought they were getting lost a bit. Once I got the leaves stitched in though I'm thrilled with how it looks! :) I'm going to keep going with this one a little bit more, the next bit is to stitch in my last name in one vertical band and the word "Family" in the other vertical band on either side of the tree ornament area. I also need to stitch in my initials and the year on top of and below the tree. Hmmm... what year should I use? I started this piece in 2007, but not sure if I should use that year as it is likely to be several more years before I actually finish the piece. Maybe I'll do 2007 and find a place for the year ended somewhere else in the piece. Since all those letters and numbers are over-one I think I might tire of this pretty quickly, but I'm going to try to do a little of that before I move on - maybe back to Alhambra Garden as it is whining to me from the WIP pile ever so quietly.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tree looks beautiful! I just love this design and hadn't seen it at all before I saw yours last weekend. Gorgeous work!

Brenda Lou said...

How pretty!!!

Marjean said...

very nice. looks intimidating. Is your wedding year on there? Maybe use something totally off the wall like that.

Tama said...

whoa, that's really pretty! I don't think I've ever seen this pattern before - you're doing a splendid job!!!

Anonymous said...

It was lovely to see this piece in person last weekend - I'd never seen this design before. I can see this is definitely going to be a family heirloom!

Anonymous said...

It's looking amazing. I'm so sorry I couldn't join you guys and see it in person.

Sue said...

Wow, what gorgeous pieces. They're very inspiring!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!

Cathy said...

Beautiful. Keep up the good work.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That's just gorgeous!