Monday, August 15, 2005

Forgetfulness

I've always been forgetful. I don't know why - I just am. Today was the day I was supposed to go over to the fair grounds and pick up the entries that had been on display because they won ribbons. I *totally* spaced and forgot to pick them up. I remembered yesterday and even this morning that I needed to do that this afternoon. This afternoon came and went and I just went about my day and totally forgot. By the time I remembered it was 7pm (time to pick up was between 11:30a and 5:30p). I called the office as soon as I remembered, but of course they were already closed for the day. I'm hoping and praying that I can call up tomorrow and they'll let me come down to the office and claim my items. They have Katie's Baptism dress and my Lady of the Flag, so I'm just sick wondering if I'm going to be able to get my items back. Why, oh why do I forget things so easy!

In other news, my sister's baby shower was yesterday. It was the first and only baby shower I'll probably ever throw, so I was real nervous about it. It seemed to go quite well though, and the Noah's Ark blanket I did for her got lots of ohhhs and ahhs so that was kind of nice. Maybe that is why I forgot the fair stuff. After stressing about that shower for the last few weeks I was just looking forward to relaxing today and totally spaced on picking up my items. *Sigh*

No comments: