Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Woo Hoo!

Katie actually slept after my post about naps yesterday! Yippee! After 5 napless days something finally clicked and she went down for her usual nap yesterday. And today too! Hope I'm not speaking to soon and she continues to do so. Whew! That was a close one.

On the stitching front I've been stitching away on a RR piece that arrived yesterday. Gives me an excuse to avoid my Angel of Summer. I decided to stitch Angel of Summer on MGC Textiles linen. I know it isn't an exact evenweave, she will come out a little fatter than if she were on a true evenweave. I kind of like that though - makes mine a little different from everyone else's. I used MGC Textiles for my Fairy Idyll resulting in a much more square pic than a long rectangle, but the design still worked very well and didn't look distorted at all unless you had seen the original. Of course I'd never use this linen for a piece that was meant to be an actual square or circle cause it would look distorted - but for pictures of people it actually works quite well. Adds a little character and full-figuredness. :)

No comments: