Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Day 2

Today was a good day. :) At work I busied myself familiarizing myself with a new-to-me software package that I'll likely be using for several assignments. It was an easy self-tutorial that took up most of my time at work today. The rest of the time was spent in "get-to-know-you" meetings with the sales group that will be trying to market my skills to various companies. (The job is in consulting.)

Katie did much better today. Her teacher said that she cried a lot less today and that she seemed to be more interested in playing with the other kids. The main problem is that she isn't used to all the other children and she gets overwhelmed at times. They have been dealing with that by just picking her up and holding her for a bit when she seems overwhelmed until she calms down. So far, so good and I'm glad that they are being attentive and understanding to the situation. My boss has also been really understanding asking how things are going with her and making sure I know not to be afraid to ask to leave early or whatever for family needs. You can't get much more understanding than that.

DH also seems to be liking his new job. He was worried about having to work a 12hr on call schedule once a week, but it seems they have nixed that idea. (The dept. he is in is in the process of restructuring, so the gameplan is sort of in flux right now.) He has his own office, which he never had before so he is sort of excited about that.

Now if I can get supper on the table and get some good stitching time in after Katie is in bed tonight all will be right with the world! :)

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I bet by the end of the week, Katie will be smiling all day long!!
SuzinVA

Myrna said...

Sounds like things are all falling into place. :-)

Anonymous said...

What excellent news! It sounds like things are falling into place nicely. I'm so happy for you. :)