Monday, June 19, 2006

Mira RR Finish



Just finished stitching my section for Debbi's RR. Of course this is part of Mirabilia's Sleeping Beauty. I was really hoping I'd get a chance to stitch her for the round robin. She is just so pretty and she has been in my stash forever, but she is so big and there is always something else calling more loudly. She is also kind of tricky space wise to do for a round robin as most of the sections people put on their RRs were vertical rectangles, so I was really pleased to have this chance to do her in a horizontal rectangle.

Out of all the Round Robins I've participated in so far, I'm really enjoying this one the most - although the stitching for this one usually takes far longer than the other RRs I've participated in. I'm hoping we'll have enough interest to do another round a few months after this one wraps up. My RR went missing, so I really want to do this one again. Despite my frustration with that and one particular member of the RR (who might be responsible for the missing RR), I really enjoy stitching these "snapshots" of Mirabilias. :)

I finished stitcing this early on Saturday, so I had more stitching time to get in a good start on Autumn's Foldable book RR. I had a lot of fun picking out the colors to match her main color and I hope the result looks good. I should have a pic of that up within the next few days. Then it will be on to finish Chatelaine SM2 and some other pieces for the fair. :)

2 comments:

Singular Stitches said...

Pretty finish! Congrats!

Carol said...

Sleeping Beauty looks just perfect in that block - well done :-)