Saturday, January 20, 2007
My sister is pregnant again and since I started stitching baby afghans for all the kids in the family back when I was young and stupid 12 years ago, I'm busily trying to finish another one. The baby isn't due til August, and I picked a relatively easy and quick pattern, so I'm hoping it won't eat up too much of my already limited stitching time. This is of course the first four letters of an alphabet pattern. I changed the "C" because the pattern is really old - like from the 70s - and the C was done in really yucky orange shades. Also there was a clown instead of the cow. All the blankets I've done for all the kids have had a cow in them since my dad is a dairy farmer, so I had to change out the clown anyway - but it was a rather disturbing looking clown to boot!
So far the only baby blankets that weren't done on time were the two I did for my own kids - but then I did much more elaborate things for them. Katie's is still in progress and she is more than 2 1/2! I'm still trying to finish that one up, so I have two of these nasty things on the go at once! I'm determined to finish them both though so that I can focus on more enjoyable stitching! :)