Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Fair

What a great day! No kids, just me and stitching and other stitchers and seeing beautiful work. :) I'm happy to report that Katie's Baptism dress won the blue ribbon - first place in the Hardanger, any other lace embroidery technique category. My Lady of the Flag won third place in the Cross Stitch 150 square inches or larger category. I was happy to have it do that well as the first place winner was a very intricate sampler with many specialty stitches. It was also a compilation of many patterns, not just one. Second place went to someone's "Flower Power" which is just a huge design. She had done some of it over one too - so really there was no competition between those two pieces and mine. I knew right away when they brought out the entries that third was the best I could hope for.

My other three pieces didn't place, but I don't mind at all. I really enjoyed watching what everyone else entered and seeing what the judges look for, etc. It was a lot of fun. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your ribbons!- Kari

Xxx. Xxxx said...

Well done, Jenn! Congratulations! :)

Autumn said...

Congratulations! I absolutely loved loved loved the baptism dress!