Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Open Themed RR



Tonight I finished getting my piece ready for the next stitching round robin that I'm participating in. It is an open - themed round robin, so everyone pretty much has a different theme. I think it will be interesting and fun because I'll get to stitch something different for each mailing. :)

I chose butterflies for my theme. The border butterflies are from a sampler called "Wings of Time" designed by Linda Reeves and are done in Caron Amenthyst Wildflowers. The design appears in the Dec. 1999 issue of Just Cross Stitch Magazine. I sort of made up the smaller white butterflies, though I'm sure somebody somewhere has done that stitch before. I did them with white Vicki Clayton #12 perle silk and 002hl blending filament. The butterfly in the center is designed by Mike Vikery and is part of the Butterfly Garden Afghan design that appears in the August 2002 issue of Just Cross Stitch.

No comments: