Friday, January 27, 2006

Stitching Stash Stuff

Now that we are going to have some money coming in again I've been trying to prioritize my stash wish list. :) I've decided that my next start will definitely be "Mother's Tree". I've ordered a piece of 40ct linen from Silkweaver in a color called "Tropical Breeze". It is a light blue. I'm also going to stitch it in silks - probably Dinky Dyes, but I haven't decided which shades yet. Greens obviously, just not sure which ones yet. I'll probably wait til Stitching Bits and Bobs has another 25% off sale and get the Dinky Dyes from them then, since none of the shops near me carry Dinky Dyes.

I'm also planning on taking a day and hitting all the local shops once before I have to start back to work. See what deals are to be had out there, and pick up Mermaids of the Deep Blue by Mirabilia and possibly Stargazer if they have it stocked already. I'm also thinking about Just Nan's "Winterhaven". It has been so long since I've been able to splurge a little on stash I'm getting a little giddy just thinking about it. I'm such a nerd.

I put in a few days stitching on my Table Runner but I got real sick of the blanket stitch edging. It is just so incredibly boring. I did force myself to do half of it - that way I only have the other half to do next time I work on it. Then finally I'll get to do some of the more fun stuff on that piece. Yesterday and today I've been stitching on Angel of Summer which is actually stitching up sort of quickly. :) There is a bunch of greenery though that I haven't really started yet which I think is going to be a big pain cause it is all confetti type stitching. Maybe I'll takle part of that next time I work on it. Tomorrow I'm going to stitch another square on Katie's blanket - but I've picked a real simple small design of a cat with no quarter stitches so hopefully that'll go quick. If I still have time in the month left I'm going to try to knock out the square I said I'd do for Autumn's quilt. When Feb 1st comes it'll be time to work on the Sampler Mystery so I'm getting excited for that as Martina has hinted that there will be peacocks in the next portion. :)

No comments: