First though, I'll share a pic of what I worked on over new year's eve and new year's day. It is the Chatelaine Sampler Mystery II that started on the first. It was released mid-day on the 31st, so I actually got to start it the night before. I really like the colors - blues and purples mostly. I'm a little concerned that the lightest color at the top of the flowers fades into the fabric too much, although it seems to stand out pretty good in the scan. Also I took a chance and subbed GAST Corn Husk for the called for SNC Chartruese and it looks like it goes well enough with the other chosen colors so I think I'm safe there.
Okay, so back to the one year ending another starting thing. :)
2005 finishes in the order that they pop into my head
- Lady of the Flag
- English Garden Welcome
- Cottage Garden Fairy
- Noah's Ark blanket for sister's baby
- Peonies glasses case for my grandmother
- Hardanger pillow for my mom
- several Christmas ornaments (5 to be exact)
- a portion of Just Nan's Common Ground that I put into a box top.
- Yellow "Knockered " Fairy contest entry
- a bunch of squares on Katie's afghan blanket - too lazy to count how many right now
- 8 of 9 houses on the Stitcher's Lane RR
- 5 of 6 sections on the Open-themed RR
- 3 of 8 sections on the Any Designer Band Sampler RR
- 1 of 6 sections on the Mirabilia RR
I think that is a pretty good list for one year's time. :) I also worked on these projects that aren't complete yet.
- Angel of Summer
- Hardanger Table runner
- Alhambra Garden
- Emma's Garden
- Chatelaine Sampler Mystery II
Now for 2006 goals
- Finish all my RRs and don't enter any more until all are complete. I've had/am having a lot of fun with them, but they are seriously cutting into my time for other projects and I just think I'll need a little break for a bit. Also four is just too many at one time. :)
- Keep up with and finish the Sampler Mystery
- Finish Emma's Garden
- Finish Alhambra Garden
- Finish the Table runner
- Make good progress on Angel of Summer
New projects for 2006. If I'm making good progress on my goals these are the new projects I want to add as I finish the others.
- Mother's Tree
- Silkwood Manor
- Stone Roses
- Chatelaine's Persian Iris Garden (starts in May - we'll see how expensive the fibers are and how the finances are doing on this one.)
- St Basil's Cathedral on opalescent fabric.
I think that is about it - although there are sure to be more projects that come up that I really want to do - so it'll be interesting to see where I'm at this time next year. Also I'm hoping I'll find a job soon, and that is sure to cut into the stitching time. Hopefully I'll still be able to finish a few things though.